With its new John Cooper Works Clubman and John Cooper Works Countryman, MINI introduces what is by some measure the most powerful models ever approved for public road use in the brand’s sixty-year history. The 301 hp. 4-cylinder turbo engine in the new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman and the new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman both display outstanding performance in the compact premium segment.
In both models, the extraordinarily powerful engine is combined as standard with a new 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission, including mechanical differential lock on the front axle, an ALL4 all-wheel drive system, a specifically engineered chassis, and additional reinforcement modifications for the body structure, engine connection and chassis fastenings. This enables the John Cooper Works racing sensation to attain a completely new dimension of performance.
In these brand-new versions of the two top sports models, both the individual six-door model with its extreme driving fun and the robust all-rounder provide a challenging performance experience. The latest generation of the 4-cylinder engine developed for the John Cooper Works models with MINI TwinPower Turbo technology surpasses that of the previous drive by as much as 73 hp. at maximum output. Maximum torque has increased from 258 ft-lb to 331 ft-lb and acceleration performance has also risen commensurately. The new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman turns in an acceleration of 0 to 62 mph in 4.9 seconds, with the new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman achieving the same in 5.1 seconds – 1.4 and 1.5 seconds faster than in the respective previous models. The elasticity of the two models has never been as impressive as it is now.
With the concentrated power of their new engine and its optimized ability to transfer its output onto either a road surface or loose terrain, the new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman and the new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman have assured their places in the leading line-up of sport models in the compact segment. And within the MINI model range, these two top athletes have never been more deserving of their top positions. Compared to the MINI Cooper S Clubman and MINI Cooper S Countryman, output has risen from its previous level of 38 hp. to 112 hp. The resulting superior performance characteristics are accompanied by a range of model-specific design and equipment features that successfully underline the exclusive and rarefied nature of these two John Cooper Works models.
Summary of highlights: The new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman and the new MINI John Cooper Works Countryman.
- New 4-cylinder engine with MINI TwinPower Turbo technology and 301 hp. with 331 ft.-lbs. of torque.
- Increase in output compared to the previous models: 73 hp.
- Cooling concept incorporates know-how from the race track.
- New exhaust system with remarkable sound development and Petrol particulate filter compliant with the Euro 6d-TEMP standard.
- MINI ALL4 all-wheel drive as standard.
- New 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission with integrated mechanical differential lock for the front wheel.
- Model-specific chassis design and coordination.
- New bigger John Cooper Works sport brake system.
- Extremely rigid body structure, motor connection and chassis fastenings.
- New LED headlights, and LED rear lights in Union Jack design in the new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman.