The 2019 TLX is one of Acura’s most popular vehicles and they have a ton of different options and packages for you to choose from. To help you guys out, we’ve put together the below info to help your next Acura TLX purchase that much easier.
Price range: $33,000 – $45,950
Base engine: 2.4L 4-Cylinder rated at 23 city MPG & 33 highway MPG
Optional engine: 3.5L V6 rated at 20 city MPG & 31 highway MPG
The optional engine (V-6) comes with Acura’s incredible 9-speed automatic transmission while the 2.4L 4-Cylinder has the standard 8-speed. We would strongly suggest the more potent V-6 with the 9-speed over the base powertrain. The price difference is around $3,200 but we feel it’s worth the added cost.
FWD is standard while SH-AWD is optional. In order to get the SH-AWD system you need to option the V-6 model and tack on the AWD system which brings up your base AWD V-6 model to $38,200
Once you’ve decided which engine and drivetrain to go with, you’ll need to make a few more choices when it comes to option packages, as there are three available.
The “Technology Package” ($3,700) most notably adds an upgraded sound system, unique 19-In Split 5-Spoke Pewter and Machine-finished Wheels, Driver’s 12-Way Power Seat with Power Lumbar Support and Power Thigh Extension, Acura/ELS Studio Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers including Subwoofer, navigation and a blind spot information system.
The “A-Spec Package” ($2,900) aims to bring out the sporty nature of the TLX with:
- Re-styled Front Bumper and Lower Intakes
- Exclusive 19-in Shark Gray Wheels
- Dark Chrome Diamond Pentagon Grille and Exterior Trim
- Dark Chrome Headlight/Taillight Details
- Round LED Fog Lights
- Exclusive A-Spec Dual Oval Exhaust Finishers
- Piano Black Decklid Spoiler
Lastly, we have the “Advance Package” and with a name like that, you know it’ll cost you, $3,850 to be exact. However, it does include:
- Rectangular LED Fog Lights
- Decklid Spoiler
- LED Puddle Lights
- Power-Folding Side Mirrors
- Windshield De-Icer
- Rear Door SMART Entry
- White Ambient Lighting
- Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- 3-Level Heated Rear Outboard Seats
- Heated Steering Wheel
MEDIA & CONNECTIVITY
- Wireless Charger
SAFETY & DRIVER ASSISTANCE
- Surround-View Camera System
- Remote Engine Start with Vehicle Feedback
- Auto-Dimming Side Mirrors
- Flush Front and Rear Parking Sensors
All things considered, your average TLX will set you back around $40,000, not a bad choice if you like a comfortable ride and a good warranty and Honda longevity.